Job Title: Veterinary Technician
Are you a CVT or a seasoned Veterinary Technician skilled in all aspects of veterinary medicine? Are you looking to work with a committed team of animal advocates in a fast paced, respectful, collaborative environment? Are you passionate about the delivery of excellent medical treatment to each and every pet that is entrusted to your care? Are you seeking professional development and continuing education opportunities? If you are, Arlington Dog & Cat Hospital's five dedicated Veterinary Technicians are EAGER to welcome you!
Arlington Dog & Cat Hospital is a busy, full-service companion animal practice with four doctors, five full time veterinary technicians, and nineteen + full and part time support staff. Our amazing Vet Techs work hard, both collaboratively and independently
Veterinary Technician Duties and Responsibilities
- Greet clients and obtain contact information and pet medical histories
- Bring animals back to the exam room and perform an initial evaluation of their health
- Provide assistance to the veterinarian during examinations, surgeries, and other procedures
- Handle basic care duties, such as cleaning and dressing wounds, administering medication, collecting samples, and checking vitals
- Assist with diagnostic imaging and lab work, including blood tests and analysis of urine samples
- Provide food and water to animals retained more than a day and observe any unusual health issues
- Sterilize tools and restock examination and operating rooms
- Inform and educate families about at-home care for their pets
- Update patient files and handle other administrative duties as necessary
Requirements and Qualifications
- Expertise as a: surgical tech (intubating, anesthesia induction and monitoring); dental tech (digital x-rays, cleaning, scaling, polishing); lab tech (in house lab testing-fecal flotation, urine culture, ear cytology, etc.); radiology tech (x-ray positioning, digital imaging and positioning); pharmacy tech (filling prescriptions, checking prescriptions, texting clients) and more.
- Experience with ImproMed is a plus.
- 2+ years of veterinary experience
- Working knowledge of standard industry tools and equipment
- Solid understanding of animal behavior and healthcare
- Passion for working with animals and their owners
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Able to restrain larger pets when necessary Flexible schedule
We continue to follow COVID-19 precautions including concierge car side check in service (only our patients and our team members enter the building, clients remain in their cars) and wearing a mask at all times in the building and when interacting with clients outside of the building.
Available shifts include full and part time. All Vet Techs rotate through some holidays and week-end shifts.
All candidates to which offers of employment are made shall upon hire successfully complete a Background Check screening prior to first date of employment.
Equal Opportunity Employer. Privacy Notice