Job Title: Veterinary Technician
Arvada Veterinary Hospital is currently seeking an experienced Veterinary Technician for an immediate full time opening. The ideal candidate is motivated, possesses exceptional communication skills and is committed to always delivering excellent patient and client care.
Why Arvada Veterinary Hospital?
ARVADA VETERINARY HOSPITAL invests heavily in our teams' growth and development, and we are proud of the culture and work environment at our hospital. We strive to maintain a positive work/life balance and are happy to offer a comprehensive benefit package including Medical, Vision, Dental, 401k, vacation time, paid holidays and much more.
Arvada Veterinary Hospital is an AAHA accredited hospital. We take pride in making sure that every patient is treated with the loving care that we would share with our own pets. You can expect a warm reception and an integrated approach to medicine when you walk through our doors. We are also committed to making quality improvements and offer special services like laparoscopy, acupuncture, and ultrasonography to enhance our diagnostic and treatment capabilities.
Veterinary Technician Duties and Responsibilities
- Greet clients and obtain contact information and pet medical histories
- Bring animals back to the exam room and perform an initial evaluation of their health
- Provide assistance to the veterinarian during examinations, surgeries, and other procedures
- Handle basic care duties, such as cleaning and dressing wounds, administering medication, collecting samples, and checking vitals
- Assist with diagnostic imaging and lab work, including blood tests and analysis of urine samples
- Provide food and water to animals retained more than a day and observe any unusual health issues
- Sterilize tools and restock examination and operating rooms
- Inform and educate families about at-home care for their pets
- Update patient files and handle other administrative duties as necessary
Requirements and Qualifications
- Expertise as a: surgical tech (intubating, anesthesia induction and monitoring); dental tech (digital x-rays, cleaning, scaling, polishing); lab tech (in house lab testing-fecal flotation, urine culture, ear cytology, etc.); radiology tech (x-ray positioning, digital imaging and positioning); pharmacy tech (filling prescriptions, checking prescriptions, texting clients) and more.
- 2+ years of veterinary experience
- Working knowledge of standard industry tools and equipment
- Solid understanding of animal behavior and healthcare
- Passion for working with animals and their owners
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Able to restrain larger pets when necessary
- Flexible schedule
- Anesthesia and Dental experience highly preferred
Everything we do is rooted in growth, ownership, and well-being:
- 401k (4% match!) & Financial Coaching
- Working for a hospital clinic that has local ownership
- Medical, Dental, & Vision Plans
- Health Savings Account (HSA) & Flexible Spending Account (FSA) Options
- Voluntary Life and AD&D, and Short-Term Disability
- Generous PTO
- Pet Health Discounts
- Employee Assistance Program (Counseling, Crisis Support, Mental Health Resources)
- Continuing Education Allowance
- Student Debt Refinancing Programs
- Mentorship & Leadership Training
- Tuition reimbursement for CVT, if not licensed
- State licensing fee reimbursement
SUVETO VETERINARY HEALTH
- We are part of an innovative network of hospitals that are owned and operated by the veterinarians working in each hospital. As a part of Suveto, we can offer ownership opportunities, leading-edge technology, and growth opportunities.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, employees may be regularly required to lift and or move up to fifty pounds as well as bend, sit, squat, or stand for periods of time. This job also includes phone and computer work which will need to be performed.
Salary range (annual): $37,440 – $45,760
Hourly rate: $18.00 – $22.00
All candidates to which offers of employment are made shall upon hire successfully complete a Background Check screening prior to first date of employment.
Equal Opportunity Employer. Privacy Notice