Bulverde Animal Hospital is a well-equipped small animal hospital with a caring and knowledgeable team that provides a wide range of services from pet wellness, nutrition, and vaccinations to state-of-the-art pet laser surgery.
- Are you looking to advance your career as a Veterinary Technician?
- Do you have a strong passion for the Veterinary field?
- Do you want to work with dedicated, highly skilled veterinary professionals?
If you answered “yes” to these questions, then we want to hear from you.
Why Bulverde Animal Hospital?
- Bulverde Animal Hospital, established in 1995, is in Bulverde, Texas just 35 minutes north of San Antonio.
- In addition to wellness care we have access to cutting edge technology, offering both Therapeutic Laser and Laser Surgery.
- Clinic Hours: M-F 8 AM – 5 PM | Saturday & Sunday Closed
In this role you will:
- Calculate basic medical math.
- Compassionately, calmly, and gently approach and handle patients.
- Need understanding in the classification of commonly used medications, associated side effects, and appropriately monitors therapeutic response.
- Administer medications via appropriate routes and duration.
- Venipuncture of varying routes.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge & Skills:
- Able to read and carry out treatment orders prescribed by a Veterinarian.
- Ability to identify a decline in patient health status and have knowledge of basic patient emergency protocol.
- Experience in patient monitoring under anesthesia.
- Licensed Veterinary Technician preferred but not required.
Physical Demands & Environment:
- Ability to lift 25+ pounds on a regular basis
- This position requires standing and walking for extended periods of time
- This position requires employees to interact with and handle domesticated household pets
Requirements and Qualifications
- High school diploma or equivalent; associate degree or course credit in veterinary technology or animal science from an American Veterinary Medical Association-accredited program a plus
- 1-2 years of experience in animal care or in a clinic preferred
- Able to multitask, prioritize, and manage time efficiently
- Basic understanding of animal behavior and health care
- Passion for working with animals and their owners
- Attention to detail in order to maintain accurate patient records
- Physical ability to restrain larger pets when necessary
SUVETO VETERINARY HEALTH
We are part of an innovative network of hospitals that are owned and operated by the veterinarians working in each hospital. As a part of Suveto, we can offer ownership opportunities, leading-edge technology, and growth opportunities.
Our employment package includes paid time off, paid holidays, generous health insurance and HRA package, dental insurance, pet discounts, 401K with a true match up to 4%, and continuing education. (See more below.)
- Medical, Dental, & Vision Plans
- Health Savings Account (HSA) & Flexible Spending Account (FSA) Options
- Voluntary Life and AD&D, and Short-Term Disability
- Generous PTO
- Pet Health Discounts
- Employee Assistance Program (Counseling, Crisis Support, Mental Health Resources)
- Student Debt Refinancing Programs
- Continuing Education Allowance
- Mentorship & Leadership Training
All candidates to which offers of employment are made shall upon hire successfully complete a Background Check screening prior to first date of employment.
Equal Opportunity Employer. Privacy Notice