Why Dix Hills Animal Hospital?
Dix Hills Animal Hospital has been family operated since 1967 and has been providing personalized pet care services for over 50 years in Huntington. Our local veterinarians and staff treat you and your pets like family!
Our team members are experienced and knowledgeable. They are calm, trustworthy, sensitive, and approachable. Our doctors have designed safe and effective preventative protocols to allow your pet to live a happy and safe life.
- As a Suveto Veterinary Health hospital we benefit from the support of an established network, offering our doctors a wide variety of customized benefits and individualized opportunities. Whatever you've imagined – Suveto can help you create a new path.
- We offer Dentistry, Surgery, Laser Therapy, In-House Labs, Digital Radiology, Orthopedics, Stem Cell Therapy, and more.
- Clinic hours: Mon/Thu: 8:30 am – 6:30 pm | Tue/Wed/Fri: 8:30 am – 6:00 pm | Sat: 8:30 am – 2:00 pm
Dix Hills Animal Hospital is in Huntington, NY located on the north shore of Long Island. It is full of history, beautiful parks, calming beaches, and is about an hour from New York City. A small town feel on the skirts of a major metropolitan city.
We’re dedicated to your life-work balance and offer a comprehensive package and professional development opportunities to support you. These include:
- Competitive base salary (minimum of $100,000) + production
- Medical, dental, vision, and prescription drug benefits for you and eligible dependents
- Paid time off for full-time employees
- 401(k) plan with 4% match
- One-on-One Financial Coaching
- Continuing education allowance including days off
- Sign-on bonus
- $50,000 of Risk-free Ownership Shares through our Veterinary Stock Ownership Plan (VSOP®)
- Opportunity for Leadership Development & Mentorship
- The ideal candidate will have strong people skills, a positive attitude, and be self-motivated.
- Be caring, empathetic, and a team player.
- Be enthusiastic about pet wellness and teaching clients through excellent communication.
- Primary care veterinary medicine for dogs and cats through all stages of life.
- General surgery
- General dentistry
- Wound care
- Chronic disease management
- Collaborative participation as part of the medical team
- Professional development
- Communicate clearly and respectfully with colleagues, team members, and clients.
- Positive attitude
Skills * Diagnostic skills
- Problem-solving skills
- Excellent client communication skills with the ability to explain medical terms and conditions using simple language
- Soft Skills: Integrity; respectful; collaborative, patient, compassionate, responsible, reliable
- Team player with high energy. Low drama support staff
- 8-hour shift
- Day shift
- Weekend availability
- DVM or equivalent
- NY License to practice Veterinary medicine (Preferred)
Work Location: One location
All candidates to which offers of employment are made shall upon hire successfully complete a Background Check screening prior to first date of employment.
Equal Opportunity Employer. Privacy Notice