University Veterinary Hospital has positions available for Full-Time Veterinary Assistants to join our team.
If you enjoy patient care and working in a clinic that supports continuing education, a fast-paced environment, and gold-standard medicine then we are the practice for you!
- Are you looking to advance your career as a Veterinary Assistant?
- Do you have a strong passion for the Veterinary field?
- Do you want to work with dedicated, highly skilled veterinary professionals?
If you answered “yes” to these questions, then we want to hear from you.
In this role you will:
- Calculate basic medical math.
- Compassionately, calmly, and gently approach and handle patients.
- Need understanding in the classification of commonly used medications, associated side effects, and appropriately monitors therapeutic response.
- Administer medications via appropriate routes and duration.
- Venipuncture of varying routes.
- Assist in holding and restraining animals during exams and surgical procedures
- Assist in collecting samples such as blood or urine for testing
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge & Skills:
- Able to read and carry out treatment orders prescribed by a Veterinarian.
- Ability to identify a decline in patient health status and have knowledge of basic patient emergency protocol.
- Experience in patient monitoring under anesthesia.
- Registered Veterinary Technician preferred but not required.
- Rotating Shifts
- Flexible Schedules
- Weekends required
- Night/Overnight shifts
Physical Demands & Environment:
- Ability to lift 25+ pounds on a regular basis
- This position requires standing and walking for extended periods of time
- This position requires employees to interact with and handle domesticated household pets including, but not limited to, dogs, cats, rodents, etc.
Requirements and Qualifications
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 1+ years of experience in animal care or in a clinic preferred
- Able to multitask, prioritize, and manage time efficiently
- Basic understanding of animal behavior and health care
- Passion for working with animals and their owners
- Attention to detail in order to maintain accurate patient records
- Physical ability to restrain larger pets when necessary
SUVETO VETERINARY HEALTH
We are part of an innovative network of hospitals that are owned and operated by the veterinarians working in each hospital. As a part of Suveto, we can offer ownership opportunities, leading-edge technology, and growth opportunities.
Our employment package includes paid time off, paid holidays, generous health insurance and HRA package, dental insurance, pet discounts, 401K with a true match up to 4%, and continuing education. (See more below.)
- Medical, Dental, & Vision Plans
- Health Savings Account (HSA) & Flexible Spending Account (FSA) Options
- Voluntary Life and AD&D, and Short-Term Disability
- Generous PTO
- Pet Health Discounts
- Employee Assistance Program (Counseling, Crisis Support, Mental Health Resources)
- Student Debt Refinancing Programs
- Continuing Education Allowance
- Mentorship & Leadership Training
All candidates to which offers of employment are made shall upon hire successfully complete a Background Check screening prior to first date of employment.
Equal Opportunity Employer. Privacy Notice