University Veterinary Hospital is seeking a boarded or residency trained Veterinary Medical Oncologist to join our wonderful team!
Qualified applicants are eligible to receive a Generous Sign-on Bonus, Relocation Package, Competitive Salary with Bonus potential (Pro-Sal with NO Negative Accrual!)!
Founded in 2009, University Veterinary Hospital has earned a regional reputation for excellence in general and specialty care…and we are growing! University Veterinary Hospital is the only general and specialty practice in the entire Arklatex region and is AAHA accredited. The right person can step into a busy caseload with numerous diagnostic and therapeutic tools at their disposal! We believe every patient is special and unique, deserving of individualized medical care. Communication, honesty, and respect are the cornerstone of supporting the human-pet bond.
We are looking for an innovative and empathetic Veterinary Medical Oncologist to join our team and help continue to provide great care to our pets. We always welcome all new clients and their cats and dogs to our pet care family. We feel you will be impressed with our experienced veterinarians, our caring staff, and our clean fully equipped hospital.
Why University Veterinary Hospital?
Click here to watch our video on who we are at UVH!
- University Veterinary Hospital is located in Shreveport, Louisiana which is a beautiful and fun place to live and work. We believe in giving pets the longest, healthiest life with those who love them.
- AAHA-certified, fully equipped, 17-doctor companion animal hospital.
- At University Veterinary Hospital, we strive to provide the best in internal medicine, dentistry, surgery, and preventative care for your pets. Every Pet. Every Person. Every Time.
- Current Hours: Mon – Fri: 7:00am – 7:00pm | Sat: 7:00am – 12:00pm | Sun: Closed
All our Benefits are rooted in ownership, growth, and well-being:
- Veterinary Stock Ownership Plan (VSOP®)
- 401(k) matching
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Life insurance
- Vision insurance
- Paid time off
- Paid parental leave
- Pet Health Discounts
- Voluntary Life and AD&D, and Short-Term Disability
- Long-Term Disability Coverage
- Health savings account
- Employee Assistance Program
- Professional development assistance
- Relocation assistance
- Flexible schedule
- Referral program
WE BELIEVE IN VETERINARY OWNERSHIP
VSOP® is an innovative way to have ownership in your hospital. It will provide you with the tools to grow both financially and professionally, without upfront monetary investment. As the hospital grows from your hard work and dedication, so will the value of your VSOP®.
SUVETO VETERINARY HEALTH
We are part of an innovative network of hospitals that are owned and operated by the veterinarians working in each hospital. Suveto is not corporate ownership, nor private practice, but enjoys the best parts and benefits of both.
- A caring and compassionate nature when dealing with patients.
- A thorough and up-to-date working knowledge of cancers and cancer treatment options.
- Technical skills to operate medical equipment and tools related to cancer treatment.
- Strong communication, interpersonal, and leadership skills.
- Collaborative participation as part of the medical team
- Professional development
- Communicate clearly and respectfully with colleagues, team members, and clients.
- Positive attitude
Skills * Diagnostic skills
- Problem-solving skills
- Excellent client communication skills with the ability to explain medical terms and conditions using simple language
- Soft Skills: Integrity; respectful; collaborative, patient, compassionate, responsible, reliable
- Team player with high energy. Low drama support staff
- Boarded or residency trained
All candidates to which offers of employment are made shall upon hire successfully complete a Background Check screening prior to first date of employment.
Equal Opportunity Employer. Privacy Notice