Mental health services
Getting help for any kind of mental health or domestic issue can feel overwhelming. Reaching out can be intimidating, and often it can feel tough to justify that what you’re going through is “serious enough” to reach out.
No matter what issue you’re facing, there is a free, confidential service that can help. Most are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week, 365 days a year.
NOMV provides the necessary support to all members of veterinary teams and students who are struggling or considering suicide.
National Talk-Lines (24/7)
If you feel like you or someone you know is in immediate danger, you should call 911 (or your country’s local emergency line) or go to an emergency room to get immediate help.
- Suicide Prevention Lifeline: 988 or 800-273-8255 (TALK)
- National Domestic Violence: 800-799-SAFE
- RAINN Rape, Abuse, and Incest National Network: 1-800-656-4673
- Trevor Project hotline (LGBTQ+): 866-488-7386
- LGBT+ National Hotline: 888-843-4564
- TransLifeline: 877-565-8860
National Text/Chat Services
- Crisis Text Line: Text HELLO to 741741 (Stress, Self-harm, Abuse)
- Steve Fund crisis text line: Text STEVE to 741741 (connects you to a crisis counselor of color)
- Trevor Project text line (LGBTQ+): Text START to 678678
- National Suicide Prevention “Lifeline CHAT” service
Find a Provider near you:
- NAMI: National Alliance on Mental Illness: 800-950-NAMI text “NAMI” to 741741
The Veterinary Hope Foundation (VHF)
The Veterinary Hope Foundation (VHF) offers free, confidential online Group Sessions to support Veterinary professionals (including both DVMs and support teams) , provides resources to share ideas, and help with daily challenges and stressors. This free program includes 6-week guided discussions with a licensed Mental Health professional, groups are matched by affinity and practice ( i.e., small animal, equine, etc.)
- The sessions are 60-75 minutes/ week for the 6-week period
- Sign up using the registration link here>
Journey for Teams
The Journey for Teams program is designed to engage veterinary professionals to increase their knowledge of DEI principles and foster individual and team behaviors that help advance a diverse, equitable and inclusive environment. Suveto is a fervent supporter of improving DEI in veterinary hospitals, which is why we have partnered with AVMA to support this valuable initiative.
- Learn how your hospital can start participating today at JourneyForTeams.org
Mind Body Thrive Lifestyle
As part of our collaboration with Veterinary Well-being Coach, Melyssa Allen from Mind Body Thrive Lifestyle, Suveto teams can enjoy a 50% discount on well-being courses, and get access to free well-being programs. These resources are focused on practicing self-care habits and positive health behavior change.
Use code SUVETO at checkout to get 50% off!
Physical Wellbeing is just as important as Mental Wellbeing and now we have some offerings to help you stay physically active.
If you live locally to one of these clubs you can enjoy 20% off 3-class packs for in studio classes and if you don’t live close to one of these clubs, you can enjoy 20% off 305 at Home classes. Also enjoy free live fitness classes through Community Online Academy.
Philadelphia / NY / Boston / Washington Sports Club
If you live locally to one of these clubs you can enjoy 40% off in-person fitness club memberships
Active & Fit Direct
Join Active and Fit Direct and get access to over 16,000 fitness centers and studios plus over 5,000 on-demand workouts. Employees can join local fitness clubs for $25 a month with no commitment. As an employee you also can also purchase a membership for your spouse or domestic partner. Featured partners include LA Fitness, Snap Fitness, Crunch Fitness, Golds Gym, Club Pilates, CycleBar, Pure Barre, and UFC Gym. Each membership also includes one-on-one lifestyle coaching up to 52 sessions per year.
Perks at Work
Get discounts on travel, tickets, electronics, home and auto, food, apparel, health and wellbeing resources and resources.