Our mission at Taconic 24/7 Veterinary Center is to professionally and compassionately provide our community with the highest level of veterinary healthcare any time of day or night. We are here to educate pet owners when they need to make important decisions concerning their pets’ care.
Our pledge is to communicate with our clients the how what and why regarding their pet’s health, while respecting and understanding all their needs. The veterinarians and staff of Taconic 24/7 Veterinary Center are here for the pets in our community.
Tell us about your veterinarian dream job and we’ll give you a $100 gift card!
Why Taconic Veterinary Center?
Taconic Vet Center was a new buildout that opened its doors June 13, 2016.
Taconic is in a suburban area. We are 50 minutes north of NYC and 15 minutes from the Hudson River. There are many outdoor recreational activities in the surrounding areas including hiking, biking, skiing, and numerous beaches.
Taconic is a general practice and emergency hospital. We are the only hospital within a 50-mile radius that has a hyperbaric chamber.
Taconic promotes a work-life balance and we pride ourselves on teamwork.
Taconic’s team is collaborative, professional, communicative, supportive, with a warm fellowship.
When a client enters Taconic, they will find a clean facility greeted by friendly team members with a welcoming attitude.
Pet family members want to return to Taconic because of our compassion, understanding, reliability, and devotion to education. It means a lot to the client when we ask about their family, a recent trip they may have taken or how they are feeling.
Taconic is a two-story, free-standing building. We are equipped with an elevator to navigate those patients who must be transferred from one floor to the other. We are also next door to a doggie day care facility.
Our fully equipped imaging department includes Computerized Tomography (CT), fluoroscopy, ultrasonography, endoscopy and digital radiography. Paired with our in-house laboratory, screening bloodwork and radiology results are available within hours. We pride ourselves in being able to narrow down a diagnosis as quickly as possible so our clients can make educated decisions regarding pet care.
As one of the few hospitals in the country equipped with both an Artemis Therapy Laser and a hyperbaric oxygen chamber, we can offer effective cutting edge technology as adjunctive treatments for such conditions as osteoarthritis, brain, and spinal cord injuries, snake bites, large non-healing wounds, bone infections, severe pancreatitis.
Get a $100 Amazon card just to tell us about your ideal veterinary job.
- If you were writing your own contract, what would be on it? What wouldn’t?
- What could a potential employer do to improve your quality of life outside of work?
- Describe a workplace culture that would make you genuinely want to be there?
- What are the professional obstacles currently preventing you from achieving your goals?
Take ownership of your career.
Take the first step in owning your career. We offer diverse, collaborative, and dynamic veterinary career opportunities to fit your unique journey. Fill out the form to learn more about our available opportunities, or view open positions by clicking the button below.
Take the first step
Learn more about Taconic
we offer iNDUSTRY-LEADING Benefits
Ownership & financial well-being
Growth & leadership
Our teams have ownership benefits.
We know ownership opportunities need to be diverse, collaborative, and dynamic to fit your needs. We want personal and professional success for you, which is why we offer risk-free VSOP® beyond your compensation.
Our environment is Rewarding, Adaptable, and Philanthropic.
- We practice rewarding, fast-paced medicine, and offer you uncapped earning potential with competitive benefits
- We strive to maintain a culture that is adaptable and supportive
- We encourage our hospitals to be actively involved in their communities, local shelters, and rescue organizations.
Our care is helpful, ethical, and empathetic.
- We go the extra mile to help our clients and each other
- We believe in honest, ethical medicine
- We follow the Platinum Rule – Treat others as THEY want to be treated
- We listen, we acknowledge, we empathize and then we help
Our team is Educated, Empowered, and Innovative
- We will invest in you through continued education, scholarships and support special-interest medicine
- We offer mentorship programs and ownership training
- We do not believe in formulaic medicine and will empower you to do what’s best for the pet
- We heavily invest in the future of medical care which will provide you with leading-edge technology