PAWS is a full service American Animal Hospital Association (AAHA) accredited veterinary clinic located in Indian Head, Maryland. We offer routine services, such as vaccines, spay/neuter, and annual check-ups, as well as emergency/critical care, advanced soft-tissue and orthopedic surgery with progressive pain management, and palliative end-of-life care.
We want to exceed expectations with friendly, knowledgeable staff, minimal wait time, and high-tech care with a tender touch.
Tell us about your veterinarian dream job and we’ll give you a $100 gift card!
Why Potomac Animal Wellness Services?
P.A.W.S was established in Feb 2015.
The community around the clinic is pretty diverse as we are situated by a naval base. The town of Indian Head is small and tight knit.
We push our team to be the best in customer service, animal care and compassion. We have an excellent reputation in surrounding areas. Clients travel more than 2 hours for our great medicine and excellent customer service.
We have a great team that works well together. Because of the growing demand for vet medicine recently, we have made adjustments and shifted our focus which has made a positive impact on our culture in the office.
Our clients have positive things to say about the staff and say that the office is clean, friendly and maintains a small town feel.
Our friendly staff and competitive pricing is what keep our clients loyal.
Take ownership of your career.
Take the first step in owning your career. We offer diverse, collaborative, and dynamic veterinary career opportunities to fit your unique journey. Fill out the form to learn more about our available opportunities, or view open positions by clicking the button below.
Take the first step
Get a $100 Amazon card just to tell us about your ideal veterinary job.
- If you were writing your own contract, what would be on it? What wouldn’t?
- What could a potential employer do to improve your quality of life outside of work?
- Describe a workplace culture that would make you genuinely want to be there?
- What are the professional obstacles currently preventing you from achieving your goals?
Learn more about PAWS
we offer iNDUSTRY-LEADING Benefits
Ownership & financial well-being
Growth & leadership
Our teams have ownership benefits.
We know ownership opportunities need to be diverse, collaborative, and dynamic to fit your needs. We want personal and professional success for you, which is why we offer risk-free VSOP® beyond your compensation.
Our environment is Rewarding, Adaptable, and Philanthropic.
- We practice rewarding, fast-paced medicine, and offer you uncapped earning potential with competitive benefits
- We strive to maintain a culture that is adaptable and supportive
- We encourage our hospitals to be actively involved in their communities, local shelters, and rescue organizations.
Our care is helpful, ethical, and empathetic.
- We go the extra mile to help our clients and each other
- We believe in honest, ethical medicine
- We follow the Platinum Rule – Treat others as THEY want to be treated
- We listen, we acknowledge, we empathize and then we help
Our team is Educated, Empowered, and Innovative
- We will invest in you through continued education, scholarships and support special-interest medicine
- We offer mentorship programs and ownership training
- We do not believe in formulaic medicine and will empower you to do what’s best for the pet
- We heavily invest in the future of medical care which will provide you with leading-edge technology